It has been said that one of the things common to both old and young, rich and poor, educated and the illiterate is time and seasons. It is also a known fact that we all have equal time in a day and what we make of the time is left to us. Taking it from there, I would like to share a few thoughts on getting a new beginning and making the most of it.
I think it is a good thing that God planned our lives so well that everything called time has a beginning and has an ending. It also has a season and that is to the great advantage of human beings because there may be seasons that do not favour us and there will be other seasons that will favour us. The plan God had in mind is that when one season is over and it seems not to favour us then we can get into the beginning of a new season and prepare so well that the new season will favour us.
Some people may have had it so rough in their previous seasons or days or years and may not even think about how the new season can favour them but there’s one thing to always remember. You can make the most of the new season and you will of you think about the following:
1. New seasons require new plans – One of the reasons that the last season did not favour you could be that something went wrong with the plans you made in the last season or maybe you did not have adequate plans. You have to restructure your plans and make sure you have things properly planned out when starting our afresh or when you get new opportunities like starting a new month or a new year.
2. In the new seasons there will be new opportunities – Don’t prepare for the new seasons with the mind set of failures from the last season. In the new seasons there will be new opportunities and you will be able to set things right again. If you stick with the failures from the last season then you will never access the opportunities of the new season. You will just watch it go by.
3. You will need new insights – When you are getting a new beginning you must have a new insight to be able to see things from a different perspective. It could just be that the reason last season did not turn out so well is that you did not have enough insight or maybe the insight was not enough. If you are going to have a different result then you must work with new insight. In some cases it could just be that an insight is all that will change everything for you.
4. New skills may be required – After insight you will need skills. Don’t try to access new levels in your life with the same set of skills all the time. If you have a skill in a particular job you may need to improve on the skills so that you can deliver more. If there are 10 things that can be done in your field of work and your skills can help you to do only 3 then you must work on getting new skills or improving the one you already have so you can move from 3 to 5 or to 6. When you could do 3 things you were rated as below average but if you can move to 5 or to 6 you will be rated as average or above average and that will be very important for you in life.
5. You may need to associate with new people or just make new connections – Some people may not really need to stress themselves in the new beginning that they are getting. They have the skills and the insight and the plans and they can see new opportunities but they don’t have the right people around them. If you are going to do little things then you will need little people. If you will do average things then you will need average people. If you will do great things then you will need great people and if you choose to do nothing you will still need people who do nothing!
Prepare for a new beginning and maximize the privilege because not so many people will get another chance just like you are getting!
Fola Daniel Adelesi
Speaker | Author | Consultant
+234 803 416 3006
Edible Pen »Public Speaking|Management Training | Consulting| Compere services| +234 803 416 3006 | email@example.com |
If you lose any of your abilities, do not lose the ability to believe in yourself again – Fola Daniel Adelesi