Too many people are complaining about scarcity but in all that they do, they have forgotten how many ideas fly around freely waiting for someone to cling to only if the person would make a move to at least try to retain them! One of the first few steps of any successful person in life is to build the culture and the ability to retain ideas.
You may have heard that where there is no vision the people perish and one of the things that will constantly put a vision in front of you will be the ideas you have retained. There are millions and even hundreds of millions of ideas flying around on daily basis but we have to work on catching and retaining those ideas because if we do not then we may remain in our domain for a long time.
I should say to you that the ideas you have been able to conceive and retain to an extent will determine how much of control you have in life. When you get an idea and you crystalize – make it so clear, visible, workable or practical for others to work with – you will be able to build a team as a result of a thought and probably go on to build a company and pay people’s salaries. A company, if you think very well about it, does much more than paying salaries but affects the economy of the nation. All these come from the ideas you can retain.
How do you build a culture of retaining ideas? Well think you may want to try out these steps:
1. Keep your mind open and free for positive thoughts to flow in
2. Ask questions. Ideas usually come in form of answers to questions we ask.
3. Dwell on the thoughts for some time whenever the thoughts flow in
4. Always write the ideas down no matter how foolish they seem.
5. Talk about the ideas and ask question from people to gain more insight.
6. Have smaller phrases that explain the ideas on papers stuck to visible places probably in large print.
7. Read books. I have gotten so many thoughts far more than what the author is talking about when I read so I know that reading books inspire new thoughts in our minds.
8. Listen to inspirational or industry based tapes or CDs or podcasts or watch Videos and keep a pen and paper around you while writing because you will hear or see something beyond what the speaker is saying.
9. When you travel you should always make notes about what you see
10. When people talk about their problems you should listen for an idea because if you are focused on the solution you are likely to cart some money away while they are still grumbling.
If you want to be successful in life you must stop taking ideas for granted. Take a look at those around you and you will realize that the difference between the failures and the successful people is just how well they have taken ideas and the seriousness they have attached to ideas. Start today, cultivate the culture of retaining ideas.
© Fola Daniel Adelesi
+234 703 790 7851
+234 805 247 2448