- March 30, 2016
- Posted by: Fola Daniel Adelesi
- Category: Faith, Religion
- He descended from His state as God (Philippians 2:6 – who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God). This verse reminds us of who Jesus really is. He is God, yet he decided to leave is state as God to become a man just so that he can come into this world and save the people who will accept Him as Lord and Saviour. You will understand this sacrifice when you see ordinary men rising into high tenured positions and they fight very hard in order not to leave those positions. Some people even become pastors of churches and it is impossible for them to leave the title of a pastor for one day to become the usher or just seat in the congregation unnoticed.
- Jesus took on the form of man (John 1:1 – 4 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. & verse 14 – The word became flesh). I think you should just note that the flesh is associated with limitations. So when Jesus took on the flesh on man, he practically reduced himself to the creature that he created, experienced the creature’s limitations and went ahead to die like an ordinary man. He felt every pain that man can ever feel when he came into this world.
- He permitted humiliation from man (John 19: 2-3 – And the soldiers twisted a crown of thorns and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe. Then they said, “Hail, King of the Jews!” And they struck Him with their hands). With was a great humiliation. He allowed men to do to him as they pleased even though he had the power to stop all these men. He could just kill them all by his breath but he did nothing. If this was another man, I can’t imagine what that man would have done knowing that these people who are humiliating you are the people you created. You also have the power to crush them without breaking a sweat.
- He subjected himself to test from the devil (Mathew 4:3, 6, 9. V.3. Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread. V.6. and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’ and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. V.9. And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.) In verses 3 and 6 where the devil started by saying, ‘if you are the son of God, that’s like saying ‘you are a bastard. Prove that you are not a bastard!’ Jesus knows who he is and needs not prove anything to any man. If only men will follow the example of Jesus in this regard, we will save ourselves from so much trouble. We keep trying to prove who we are to so many people and we keep running into trouble. In verse 9 of Mathew 4, the devil offered Jesus material things. Wait a minute! How ridiculous is that? It was Jesus that created these things? The Bible says the Earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof. If Jesus didn’t know who he is, he would have been deceived, like many Christians, by what the devil is offering. There is no child of God that does not already have what is devil is promising them. God has given us all things. It is greed and impatience that lets us go for what the devil offers and it is ignorance that doesn’t let us know God has already given us much more. Proverbs also says the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and adds no sorrow.
- Remember that He (Jesus) had overcome this devil (Revelations 12:11 – And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death). The Lamb there is Jesus and His blood was already shed from the beginning yet he watched Satan try out his tricks.
- He laid down his life willingly – John 19:11 – Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin. John 10:15 – As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. John 10:17 – Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one forced Jesus to die. He decided to die. He could have decided otherwise. He has the power to lay down his life and the power to take it yet he allowed himself to be nailed to a cross, spat upon, mocked, disgraced publicly by preferring thieves to him then he was buried.
Jesus did all of these for you and me. Don’t let his sacrifices be in vain over your life. Please accept Him as your Lord and personal Saviour today. If you have already done that, please live worthy as an ambassador of Christ. Don’t allow people ridicule the name of the Lord through you again. You should also share this good news with others. God bless you.