- November 13, 2018
- Posted by: Fola Daniel Adelesi
- Category: Faith, Motivation
Many of us understand there is an appointed time and we are obviously waiting for the appointed time but there is something that we must do to be prepared for the opportunities that are coming at the appointed time. We also have to be ready for certain things in the future we are talking about but if we are not ready to don’t get those things before the appointed time, we may be shocked that we’ve waited through a harrowing experience for a long time and for nothing!
If we get some of these things that I think we need before the appointed, we will be able to make it to that time. Some may not make it to the time if they don’t get help or may make it to the time and not be qualified for the opportunities we were waiting for. Let’s take a look at some of these things:
1. Mercy – In Romans 9:15, the Bible says, “For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will.” Mercy is crucial to go through a process. By Mercy, our weaknesses are overlooked and we don’t get the deserved judgment. By Mercy, God looks on us and gives us much more than we deserve in terms of help and in every other area of our lives. We need mercy because a process of life requires some instructions. When we disobey those instructions, the processes ought to be terminated or we may be required to start all over. When we receive God’s mercy, the processes are not terminated and we may not need to start all over. Rather, he gives us the strength to keep going. He doesn’t let us drop off until the process is over.
2. Grace – From 2 Corinthians 12:9, we understand one of the most crucial things need in life because the word of God says, “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness…” We need the grace of God. I have always seen grace as enablement. When Grace comes upon you, you are enabled to do something that you couldn’t do before or you are given the extra ability to do with ease, something that used to be difficult. When you do something, you get a more profitable result compared to others. You may have the same input with others but you get different outputs. You may have the same qualifications with others but you still stand out. Grace is the explanation, in some quarters, where someone else is more hardworking but another has more results to show. With grace, frustration is reduced. You are encouraged to keep going until you finish the race.
3. Ministering Angels – Mathew 4:11 says, “Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.’ Another version says, “…and angels came and took care of Jesus.” This clearly shows that we need the ministry of angels in life and especially through a process leading to where God is taking us. We also saw that when Elijah was tired and was asking God to take his life, an angel was sent to minister to him. Angels minister strength. They bring good news and in some cases are used of God to fight for us. So in tough times, we can as God to send his angels to minister to us. When we are weak we need the ministry of the angels so that we don’t die as wounded soldiers.
4. Holy Ghost – Jesus, before his ascension, told his disciples to wait for the baptism of the Holy Ghost. In Acts 1:8 he said, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” The Holy Ghost is crucial to our lives as children of God and we must ensure we walk with the Holy Ghost. He fills us, guides us and clearly shows us the mind of God regarding situations in our lives. How beautiful is it to be able to know the mind of God just because we have the Holy Ghost in us? How beautiful is it to know what to do per time and what not to do because God himself is guiding us through his Spirit in us? This is really a wonderful thing and we must never go without the Holy Ghost in life and through any process that should lead up to God’s assignments or prepared places for us in life.
5. Power – It was the same Acts 1:8 that says, “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…” We need the power to go through a process in life and the Holy Ghost also makes that power available to us. Without power, we may not go far at all. There are life battles to be fought and it is this power that will enable us to fight those battles. This power from God makes us untouchable and puts the enemy at bay. With His power, you will be able to start a life process and complete it. The journey may be rough but you will have the power to finish.
6. Humility – You will need humility as recorded in 1 Peter 5:6 which says, “Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time…” I already mentioned that we need the grace to go through a process and now this verse makes it clear that God gives grace to the humble. It also says that He resists the proud. The word resist here may look simple but it is not as simple as it appears. It may mean to frustrate everything the person does. You need humility to be exalted in due season. Without humility, it simply means one may enter into the due season but will not be exalted. What’s the point of being in a due season any not receiving the reward of the season? Don’t attribute too much to yourself. Don’t over credit yourself for what you have been able to achieve. Don’t underrate others just because you have been able to do more than them. Go through your process with humility.
7. Discernment – The word of God in 1 Chronicles 12:32 describes a group of people in this way, “And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do…” While the Bible in 1 Peter 5:6 talks about being exalted in due season, having an understanding of that due season and knowing what to do can lead to being exalted by God. We all need discernment to know where we ought to go and understand what needs to be done. Some people are now struggling because they are trying to do what ought to have been done years ago. A few others are struggling because they are trying to do at this time something that should be done later in life. With discernment, you are just right on time and you do things within the right seasons in other to get the right results.
8. Communication with God – I believe that we all were sent to this earth on an assignment by God. If that’s correct then we can’t finish that assignment without keeping in touch with the one who gave us the assignment. As we have been admonished in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, we are to pray without ceasing and to give thanks. These are two great ways in which we communicate with God. Communication with God helps us know when we are in sync with the assignment we were designed to carry out and when we are at war with the same assignment. Communication with God unveils new phases of the assignment and it is through this communication that we gain clarity for the next phase as well.
9. Action – Actions taken or not taken during our processes are crucial. When we don’t take actions, we lose out on what we should get eventually. When we take action at the wrong times, we just waste our efforts. Ecclesiastes 11:4 – tells us, “He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.” Sometimes we look out for the best time to get things done but in most cases, there is no such thing as the best time. Again, discernment comes in here to know what we should do and when to do it even when the timing doesn’t seem right.
We have a number of things we must do to make the process a huge success. There is no reason for going through a process when we will not get much out of that process. Whatever process you’re going through right now will be worth your while if you make the most of the insights given above. From today, take a look at those things highlighted above and start working on the ones you really need to make your process a success. I wish you all the best.